Raspberry Pi Model A+ (256MB of RAM) is a tiny HAT (Hardware Attached on Top) sized computer. Its like a little computer which can be used for many things like spreadsheets, word processing and games. It also plays high definition video.
The design is based around a Broadcom BCM2835 SoC, which includes an ARM1176JZF-S 700MHz processor, VideoCore IV GPU, and 256Mbytes of RAM. The design does not include a built in hard disk or solid state drive, instead relying on a microSD card for booting and long term storage. This board is intended to run Linux kernel based operating systems.
- 700MHz Broadcom BCM2835 CPU with 256MB RAM
- Integrated VideoCore IV GPU (capable of playing full 1080p HD)
- 40 pin extended GPIO
- 1 x Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port
- Same dimensions as a HAT (65mm x 56mm)
- 4 pole 3.5mm Stereo Audio jack with Composite Video output
- Full size HDMI
- CSI camera port for connecting the Raspberry Pi camera
- DSI display port for connecting the Raspberry Pi touch screen display
- Micro SD slot for loading your operating system and storing data
- Micro USB power source
The 40 pin extended GPIO allows you to build bigger, more exciting projects and attach HAT accessory boards to extend the function of your Raspberry Pi.